Friday, June 5, 2015

We Tried It: Late July’s Taco Truck-Inspired Tortilla Chips

Late July's taco-inspired chip flavors

Late July‘s taco-inspired chip flavors

I’m a confessed chip addict, I’ll be the first to admit, but we see a lot of funky flavors passing through the tasting tables here at Cooking Light, which makes me skeptical. I was instantly intrigued, however, when I opened a box containing these Late July beauties. They take flavor inspiration from smoky, spicy, yummy items one might find at a taco truck.

We particularly loved the Bacon Habanero flavor. Testers found them to be the perfect blend of smoky and sweet with a nice heat level. “Like BBQ-flavored chips, but all grown up,” remarked one taster.

A similar sentiment was echoed by a sampler of the Nacho Chipotle flavor “it’s like what I wished Doritos tasted like,” he said. (After I smacked him for Doritos blaspheme, I dusted off my hands and went back for more.)

Personally, I plan to crack open a cold one (or two) this weekend and crunch my way to chip bliss. You can use Late July‘s store locator to try them for yourself.

And, while you’re at it…

Check out our recipe for Tortilla Chip Casserole, and our guide to proper chip and salsa portion control.




from Simmer and Boil http://ift.tt/1BPY11U via bottle coolers

No comments:

Post a Comment