Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wow! One-Ingredient Honey Taffy

Some of the best ideas are born from mistakes. That’s what happened when I (a recipe developer and tester here at Cooking Light by day and beekeeper in my off time) tried to make a honey version of a maple sugar product I saw online. I figured honey and maple syrup have similar qualities, so I thought I might be able to turn honey into a solid cube. After cooking the golden liquid awhile, though, the honey was still too soft. I let it cool and just started messing with it.

I pulled and stretched the honey and discovered that it worked itself into a creamy-chewy taffy, a delicious one-ingredient treat. Because the honey cooks for some time, it reduces down a bit, intensifying its flavor. And thus these sweet candies came to life: concentrated hits of pure honey joy.

SERVES 24 (1 piece per serving)
CALORIES 57; FAT 0g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g); PROTEIN 0g; CARB 16g; FIBER 0g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0mg; SODIUM 1mg; CALC 1mg




from Simmer and Boil http://ift.tt/1FRII9T via buy miracle grill mat reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment