We’re getting the last little bit of work done around here before we all take off for the long weekend. Whether your Memorial Day weekend plans call for backyard cookouts, a breezy swing in a hammock, or a lazy beach day (I’ll take a little of each, please!), we hope you find some time to settle down with a good read (or listen).
I’ve loved reading on my Kindle for years, but I’ve recently gotten more into audiobooks for road trips–especially when they’re narrated by their animated authors (I love you, Mindy Kaling). I’ll be hitting the road this afternoon to spend the weekend with a good girlfriend, and I’ve been searching for a new listen for the trip.
That’s where services like Scribd can come in handy. Think of it like a sort of Netflix for books. You can read and listen to as many of their titles as you’d like for about $9/month. I dug around for some great food-related reads and listens to keep you company during the long weekend, whatever your plans may be.
- My Usual Table: A Life in Restaurants by Colman Andrews
- Goat Songs: A Seasonal Life, A Short History of Herding, and the Art of Making Cheese by Brad Kessler
- Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People who Cook by Anthony Bourdain
Tell us: What will you be reading or listening to this weekend?
- Books for Cooks: Vegetables are the New Meat
- Cookbook Corner: New England Farmgirl
- Books for Cooks: Breakfast by George Weld
from Simmer and Boil http://ift.tt/1FImP2I via barbecue accessories