Friday, May 29, 2015

The Good Bagel Manifesto


For the past couple months I've been on a quest to find the best bagel in San Francisco. This led me to a shocking realization: there are really, really bad bagels everywhere, and I'm not just talking in the convenience stores or supermarkets—places you'd expect bad bagels. I'm talking at honest to goodness bagel specialty shops. I wanted to share with you guys my thoughts on what makes a great bagel great. Word of warning: I'm about to get as opinionated as I ever get. You will most likely be offended by at least one or two things I say. Your concept of what is good and bad in the world of bagels will be challenged. You may even feel like I'm personally attacking you for your preferences. That's because I am. This is far too important an issue for live and let live to apply. We're talking significance of a which-side-of-the-bread-do-you-butter level here, so I I'm not holding back any punches. Feel free to come right back at me. I will defend myself to the bitter, un-toasted end. Read More


from Serious Eats http://ift.tt/1FI4oZ1 via barbecue cooking sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment